Like any home, Denver Children’s Home needs lots of supplies to keep running. We are grateful to our generous supporters who help provide items our kids need to heal and grow. We accept donations during regular business hours or by appointment. The children in our building are ages 10 and up.
- Cleaning Supplies – Vacuum cleaners, Clorox wipes, Swiffer supplies, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, magic erasers
- Coping Tools – Fidget toys, glitter tubes, silly putty, Play-Doh, bubbles, stickers, plastic Slinkys, Legos, puzzle books, adult coloring books, journals, handheld cognitive games (ex. Tetris), Rubix Cubes, headphones, iPods/MP3 Player (no internet, no camera and rechargeable)
- Gift Cards – Target, Walmart, 7-11, King Soopers, Home Depot, VISA, Redbox, Michael’s, Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Pizza Hut
- Dorm Needs – Twin sheets, twin comforters, pillows, towels, xl laundry bags, plastic hangers, lamps, night lights, small flash lights, fans, area rugs, duffle bags, batteries
- Games, Activities, and Outings – Board games, chalk, puzzles, craft kits, jewelry kits, crochet kits, soccer balls, volleyballs, kick balls, wiffle ball bats and balls, badminton, corn hole, ladder ball, new DVDs (no violent or sexual content), sporting/movie/cultural/amusement/recreation center passes
- New Clothing – Long t-shirts and tank tops (to cover leggings), athletic shorts, pajamas and pajama pants, new shoes women’s sizes 4-10, new shoes men’s sizes 7-13, shoe laces, men’s jeans (all sizes), women’s jeans (all sizes), collared shirts and ties, NEW underwear and socks, bras sizes 32-38 A-DD, belts
- Hygiene Supplies (Full size) – Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, loofas, hypo-allergenic hygiene items, mesh shower caddy/collapsible caddy, toothbrushes and toothpaste, hairbrushes, hair ties, nail polish remover, deodorant, electric razors (no disposable razors), face wash and cleaning wipes, African American products, body lotion, feminine hygiene, single packaged make-up (mascara, blush, eyeliner, etc.)
- School/Office Supplies – dry erase markers and erasers, whiteboards, pens, binders, card stock, markers, colored pencils, glue sticks, white out, copy paper, binder and paper clips, scissors
- Household Items (for families receiving services at the Family Resource Center) – Hypo-allergenic laundry and dish soap, towels, toilet paper, washcloths, tissues, bus passes, AAA and AA batteries, small appliances, reusable shopping bags, cleaning supplies
We are very appreciative of all items received. Thank you!
Denver Children’s Home solicits and accepts gifts that are consistent with its mission and that support its core programs, as well as special projects.
In-kind donations are subject to the following limitations:
- Items should be brand new and in original packaging
- Used clothing and furniture must be in excellent condition and will be inspected before acceptance
- No violent or sexual content; content should be appropriate for adolescents
- Items cannot have been recalled or considered dangerous
- Electronic items must be new