Sponsored by Colorado Department of Education, Melvin & Elaine Wolf Foundation, Newmont Mining Corporation, New York Life Foundation, and Wells Fargo
Denver Children's Home’s onsite school, Bansbach Academy, is fully accredited through both the Colorado Department of Education and North Central Accreditation.
Our education professionals work closely with the student, parents and public school system to ensure that the school program compliments and supports the learning needs and goals of each student.
Many of our students have long histories of school failure, and many have undiagnosed learning disabilities, which are compounded by emotional and/or behavioral problems. We provide skill-building curriculum as well as academic opportunities. All academic courses are based on the Colorado Content Standards which allows students to earn credit that is transferable within the state when they leave DCH.
The Bansbach Academy of Denver Children’s Home is a stable, safe, engaging community dedicated to guiding every child on academic and socio-emotional success.
- Every person is unique and deserves the opportunity to achieve his/her potential;
- Each person has responsibility for his or her actions and the resulting consequences;
- Diversity strengthens individuals and community;
- Learning is an essential lifelong process.
- Provide educational and related services for youth so reentry into public or private secondary education, post secondary education, or the world of work is made possible.
- Provide educational experiences which remediate, maintain and improve academic, intellectual and social functioning.
- Create a successful and safe academic experience where students can learn new skills designed to promote future school success.
- Provide a corrective academic experience to help students understand school can be a positive place to learn.
- Remediate basic academic skills and challenge students to meet their potential.
- Development of "public school survival skills." DCH collaborates with the youth’s home school district to ensure our curriculum meets state and district standards and the youth's transition back to public school will be successful. DCH education professionals also act as resources for teachers with the child’s school district when the student leaves DCH.
For more information, contact:
DEB HUERTA, Director of Education
Denver Children's Home's Bansbach Academy is fully accredited by the North Council Association Commission of Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA-CASI)