Residential & Day Treatment Services
The Residential & Day Treatment programs provide a therapeutic safe place for children ages 10 – 18 in crisis and youth with serious psychiatric disorders and intractable behavioral problems.
Our highly trained clinicians and education professionals provide youth and families with support and expertise to ensure their success in school, home, and community.
Reasons for admission include:
- Attempted suicide, violent outbursts, serious crime, severe mental and emotional disorders, issues with anger, truancy, drug use and other destructive behaviors that have made it impossible for them to develop the skills necessary to be successful.
Treatment consists of:
- A thorough and comprehensive diagnostic assessment including a psychological and medication evaluation. This evaluation provides a clear diagnostic picture of the treatment needs of the youth and offers a guide for recommendations and services.
- Individual, group and family therapy.
- A full-time, onsite, accredited school, the Bansbach Academy, so that treatment, academics, recreation and family life can be integrated in a safe and caring environment.
- Comprehensive Experiential Therapies, i.e. art, yoga, music, pet, recreation, horticulture and equine therapies.
- Crisis intervention
- 24-hour support
- Medication management
- Project SUCCESS (Schools Using Coordinated Community Efforts to Strengthen Students) – SAMSHA Model Substance Abuse Prevention Program
Denver Children's Home’s goal is to:
- Provide the most effective, but least restrictive type of treatment based on individual needs of each youth.
- Progress youth, even those with the most serious disorders, through the levels of care and eventually return them home or to an alternative community-based setting.
- Offer a positive alternative to psychiatric hospitalization, combining intensive therapy, individualized academic support and advanced drug treatments for biologically based mental illnesses.
- Help youth take ownership of their treatment, to understand their reactions and responses to life events, accept responsibility for their actions, control their behavior, and develop coping mechanisms for difficulties beyond their control
Teachers, therapists and counselors work with youth individually and in groups, with a focus on helping the family as a whole. Our goal is to help youth and families develop the skills and confidence to succeed in school, at home, and in the community.
For more information, please contact:
LYNDSEY DIORIO, Residential Treatment Leader
LISA BACKUS, Residential Treatment Leader
TARA HAMMAR, Daytime Treatment Leader