We appreciate your interest in Denver Children’s Home. We work with children ages 10 and up who’ve experienced complex trauma, neglect and/or abuse and who have a serious mental illness. We see in every child the possibility of hope and healing and often take children who have failed at multiple other placements. As experts in trauma-informed care, we take pride in having the lowest rates of physical managements among peer institutions.
Our Approach to Success
- Engaging the full system surrounding a child (family, caseworkers, teachers, etc.) including wraparound support for families through our Family Resource Center
- Utilizing proven therapies like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and experiential therapies like art, music, yoga and animal-assisted therapies
- Clinicians are all Master’s level and highly trained in working with diverse and complex cases
- Highly supportive and structured environment that helps kids understand expectations and limits
- Encouraging and rewarding positive behaviors while maintaining clear consequences for negative behaviors
- Excellent community support that helps our kids feel cared for and safe
To Make A Referral
We accept referrals from human services agencies, mental health centers, providers, probation officers, and schools.
Referrals may be made via fax, phone or e-mail. Referrals will be reviewed by the admissions team in consultation with medical, educational, and clinical staff to determine whether a child is appropriate for services. Admissions staff will notify the referral source of the availability or a tentative admissions date if there is a waiting list.
Referrals should include documentation which describes the child’s behavioral health history, school functioning, and presenting problems. These documents may include service plans, psychiatric assessments, Individual Education Plan (IEP), and any other diagnostic information that is applicable.
Once paperwork is received, we will conduct a brief screening by phone to determine your needs and discuss programming options. Next, if appropriate, we will schedule a face-to-face interview and make a plan for admission. If we are unable to provide services, we will do our best to refer to an agency better suited to meet the needs of the clients.
Use the form above to submit an admission inquiry. Please include as much information as possible. Attachments may be e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to 303.399.9846.